You guys, this show looks so bad I had to watch it. For some reason, whenever there's way too much advertising for something, it means it's gonna be really bad. Mike Meyers' "Love Guru" had commercials all the time and ta da! It was awful. I didn't see it, but from what I heard about it, the overall response was negative. Just for fun, I counted the ads for it on Santa Monica Boulevard between La Brea and Fairfax. Five ads. 2 billboards and 3 bus stop ads. There are ads EVERYWHERE in West Hollywood for this show as you walk towards the bars, filled with generic quotes such as "You know this ring comes off, right?" accompanied with a picture of a Kim Catrall doppelganger, or "Dad, I'm done paying for your mistakes." Ooooh, so edgy. It's just begging to be awful. So I decided to play a drinking game as well: drink whenever it's awful. Let's see how horrible it really is. Wooooo!
0: Slideshow of high school cheerleaders and other cliches.
0: "I think George W. Bush is gonna be the best president this country's ever seen! Woooo!" Oh Jesus, that's a lie. You're black, you totes voted Democrat.
0: Gaaad, this is awful.
0: OK, I actually might like Dawn. But I hate this asian gurl who's supposed to be "the shy one." Why the hell would you do a documentary if you were shy?
0: Its the gay creeper from "Wedding Crashers" Yessssss
1: FML, the prom shot
1: "We're getting drunk guys. Amirite?" Nvm I hate everyone.
2: Our entire decade defined as Enron failing, 9/11, War on Iraq, Hurricane Katrina, Recession, and Obama. Damn, 2000's sucked.
2: Skip to now: skinny bitches are fat, etc.
2: Oh wow, he's much hotter now.
3: This show is so bad.
5: Baaaah, don't care about what she studied in college.
5: "Buhhhrenda. What's up girl?" This guy is such a Tool, he's Home Depot.
5: "Oh my God, they're back." LMAO worst reaction everrr. Bitch did not study Meisner.
5: "I... I can't believe this." Yeah, neither can I.
6: That look to the camera was horrendous. Was there really no one else better for the part?
6: We get it, bitch is into politics. God, this is... awful.
7: Ohhh, this is the Kim Catrall doppelganger. Barf.
7: Laughing for all the wrong reasons.
7: "It's blackberry!" Go jump off a cliff.
8: Look, if she tried to be an actress and her claim to fame is Season 2 of "The Bachelor," she obviously isn't smart enough to live.
9: Can't wait to see wtf happened with "the shy one." And by can't wait I mean can't wait to barf.
9: "We slept together on prom night" Oh Christ it's worse than I thought.
9: IT GETS EVEN MORE WORSE LMAO hahahahahaha Oh baby Jesus.
10: "I just want, like, a bunch of kids." No, you don't.
11: Shoot me in the face with a rocket launcher.
11: Oh nooo he married the ugly one.
11: Oh phew. Something good happened for once.
12: "Any guy who found out he had a son would drop everything" Ummmm you are blinder than Helen Keller.
13: Bad reaction shot.
13: Lol bromance montage
14: "Just because I have a son doesn't make me a father" Who the hell wrote this?
16: So bad.
16: Sluuuuut
17: Everyone's so ashamed of their parents!
19: I wish I could stab Falcon in the heart.
19: LOL random loud censorship bleep.
20: This show is so fucking goddamn classy. Sperm banksssss
21: This show should just be called "Awkward Pandering to the Camera"
22: Ewwww so gross
22: But she's winning me back with some decent acting.
25: Lol worst ESPN cover ever
27: I do have to give props for this war scene.
27: Take that back. He whips out the baby picture and kisses it. You literally just murdered a great moment, writers.
28: Lol the walk-away. Baaahahahaha so bad.
29: Again, AP2C.
30: This guy is gay.
30: This is so awful. Like how did this get past the pilot?
30: You go gurl
31 "Snizzap?" Christ. Drink.
33 Nice
34 She's so pissed, I love it.
35 That's right bitch, lay down the law.
36: "You should see him with a hot dog." Again proving my theory of his gayness.
36: Don't go to Austin, only awkwardness will insue.
37: Fancy these two having a scene.
37: BAR FIGHT
37: Bitch you didn't pay for your alcohol
38: Wait, so his father killed himself because Enron went bankrupt and Steve's dad was sentenced to 6 years in prison, and he's pissed at Steve for that? Like he didn't do anything.
39: "Let's go get a drink!" Ummm you're in a bar, like he's sitting AT the bar, drinking beer.
Overall, piece of shit. There were a few semi-good moments that surprised me, mostly by Kelli Garner, playing Dawn. Very simple, honest choices with great commitment to the script. Lucky for her, she actually has the best character in the first place. Other actors, not so much. I think if the writing wasn't so awful it would be such a better show. But the idea is so lackluster it's just not possible for it to be good. Because it's trying to be edgy (and it's trying to push that "edginess" through its awkward advertising), it's doomed to fail.
No comments:
Post a Comment